There are different types of tyres available in the market and many car lovers know about them. tyres have existed for over a decade and as a result, you will find automobile enthusiasts talking about them and giving advice on the type of tyre one should have. There are however very few who can distinguish between the tread patterns of the tyre and know their significance. It is important to note that tyres have different types of tread patterns like directional, multidirectional, etc. and they serve different purposes. Let’s discuss asymmetric Dunlop Tyres Northampton and the benefits of their tread patterns.
Asymmetric patterns can be found on both winter and summer tyres as they have their significance. They are more popular than other types of treads and are present in almost every modern-day tyre. These treads are technologically advanced and more suitable for passenger cars, sports cars, and performance vehicles. Symmetric tyres on the other hand are designed nowadays for small cars and vehicles that deliver goods. As their name suggests, asymmetric tyres have two types of tread designs in their grooves which are different from each other, and as a result, they perform more than one function. The tread pattern on the outer line of the tyre is designed to provide effective cornering and responsive handling whereas the ones in the middle are there for providing a superior amount of stability and traction on the road.
Asymmetric tyres generally have deeper tread blocks that allow more rubber to come in contact with the road, increasing the grip. They also help in preventing hydroplaning, a serious situation that arises when too much water gets stored under the tyres. That is why this tread pattern is effective on wet roads and it is highly used in winter tyres. There are several advantages of using asymmetric tread –
Advantages of Asymmetric Tread Patterns?
- As discussed, these tyres use the best technological designs and are recommended by car experts all over the world. That s the reason they are installed in the best cars out there.
- Asymmetric tread pattern helps in saving the fuel as they provide a high amount of grip without increasing the rolling resistance of the wheels. This quality makes them superior to their counterparts.
- Asymmetric tyres can be used throughout the years as they can tackle different climatic conditions and provide stability on different surfaces.
- All tyres make some amount of noise. Sometimes, it could spoil the day. Asymmetric tyres are best as they do not make much noise and enable a comfortable journey. They are made in such a way that their noise level is much lower than other tyres.
- Last but not least, asymmetric tyres are more long-lasting than other kinds of tyres. It is because the speed of their wear is much slower than their counterparts. They are cost-effective and saves a lot in the long run.
How to Fit These Tyres?
It is a bit tricky to fit asymmetric tyres in your vehicles because of their tread patterns. They have two different kinds of tread designs, one on the outside and the r on the inside. While fitting the tyres, one should make sure that the direction of the tread is appropriate. It is because if you fit the treads in the wrong direction, it might lead to poor handling of the vehicle. Also, one should make sure that one know how to identify the outside tread design. It is generally recommended to call a tyre fitter or an expert to mount the tyres as it is is not an easy job.
What Happen When You Do Not Fit Them in a Correct Manner?
If asymmetric tyres are not fitted correctly, they will lead to poor handling and even accidents. Cheap Tyres Northampton are important and if you fit them wrong, they can become deadly for you. Also, it increases the noise level and reduces the fuel efficiency of the vehicle. Therefore, it is advisable to not fix the tyres yourself if you do not have any prior experience in the field.