Did you know-?
- There have been about 5375 casualties from car accidents due to tyres in the last 5 years (until 2018).
- tyre defect resulted in 1075 road accidents.
- These accidents led to the payment of £416 million to the economy.
Hence, utmost priority must be given to Tyres in Peterhead.
Given the number of casualties and fatalities, it is ideally essential to make the best choice when it comes to choosing tyres for your car. Here are a few pointers to help you select optimum tyres for your vehicle.
Factors to Consider While Buying Tyres
Since the quality of tyres affects the handling, braking, and acceleration of a vehicle, thus, it is essential to take into account the following before purchasing one –
- Road Travelled
In case you frequently travel on dirt roads, it is imperative that you go for tyres with better grips. This is because tyres that are optimum for city roads will quickly wear out under these road conditions. Additionally, in case you travel on roads with black ice, it is mandatory that you avail tyres providing optimum traction.
- Driving Conditions
According to the suggestions by experts, it is always advisable to purchase tyres specific to a season.
- Summer tyres in Peterhead have a hard compound that softens in high temperatures and thus, adapts both, to wet and dry roads. Tread patterns of these Car Tyres in Peterhead are block-shaped that ensures excellent braking speed and handling.
- Winter tyres have increased natural rubber content, which is supple in the cold. This softness of these tyres helps it improve on handling and grip. The unique tread pattern provides excellent traction on snowy roads.
- All-season tyres designed for moderate weather conditions also provide the best of both the above mentioned season tyres.
Features to Consider While Purchasing a Tyre
Once you are clear about the road and type of weather these Tyres in Peterhead will be exposed to, it is time to decide on specific features of tyres. This will ensure that the tyres you purchase last longer and provide an improved overall driving experience. In case of doubt, take your car to West Road Customs and avail the service from their experts. They also provide services such as tyre fitting, wheel alignment, etc.
- Tyre Size
Consider, and make a note of the tyre specs required for your vehicle. You can find it on the driver’s side door. For example, 195/55 R 16 87Vwhere 195/55 R 16 is a reference to the width and diameter of Car Tyres Peterhead. The rest of this number indicates load index and speed rating.
- Tread Pattern
The tread pattern of tyres has a significant role to play in its traction capability, avoiding aquaplaning, and in the road noise produced. Here are a few tread patterns you can choose from –
- Tube or Tubeless
Tubeless is always the preferred choice considering the immense safety that it lends to the vehicle and the passengers. Make sure that the wheels have an anti-rust coating on the inside.
By ensuring that you buy the best Tyres in Peterhead, you can look forward to saving hefty expenses that may be incurred due to frequent tyre maintenance.