7 Tips for Choosing the Best Summer Tyres
Summer tyres are a love, requirement of every car owner or automobile manufacturer. Do you know almost every car comes with summer tyres? But today automobiles also come with all-season tyres but not as much as summer tyres. In the UK, a Summer tyre is the first choice of every car owner since it suits the temperature. Summer tyres perform well when the temperature is between 7C to 35C. Continental, Michelin, Goodyear, and Bridgestone Tyres Braintree offer the best summer tyre.
When spring arrives and the average air temperature rises above 7C, experts advise switching from winter to summer tyres. Installing inappropriate tyres for the season might result in fines for automobile owners in several nations. However, as we all understand, it is not necessary to drive on summer tyres during the summer and winter months in the UK. We will explain why it is crucial to consider the weather while selecting summer tyres in this post and which summer tyres are the best to install.
Summer tyres have a distinct horizontal direction, smaller grooves, and sipes with different configurations. It further lowers the risk of aquaplaning, enhances traction on dry and wet road surfaces, helps to ensure tyre deformation resistance during manoeuvring, and results in short stopping distances and excellent steering.
- Identify the right summer tyre according to your vehicle. Sedans, SUVs, sports, supercars, etc are types of passenger cars. Check your current tyre size as well as get an idea from the car manual for the right tyre size.
- After knowing the right size tyre for your car, you must know about the load index and speed rating of your summer tyre. If you have a sedan that has a top speed of 130 mph then you must choose the summer tyre that can easily tolerate that speed. After that, you should view the load index.
- Because the climate during the off-season can be changeable, with substantial temperature differences between the day and the night, the choice to replace the tyres must be based on the driving circumstances of the vehicle. Thus, wait to install summer tyres unless, for instance, you drive your car more in the morning and the evening. Waiting until the daily average temperature stabilises at 5-7°C is preferable.
- Be cautious to examine the tread’s residual thickness before utilising old tyres. It must be at least 2.5 to 3 mm. Consequently, there won’t be enough traction on the ground. After that, you can install summer tyres.
- It’s crucial to choose the right tread pattern and performance tyres when picking summer tyres. Summer tyres come in four different performance levels: regular, high performance, and ultra-high performance tyres. Based on the circumstances in which the vehicle is operating. For instance, symmetrical tyres with a non-directional design work well for silent driving. These can reverse, are affordable, and have well-balanced attributes. The most adaptable tyres have an asymmetric tread pattern. They are excellent for sports driving since they guarantee the vehicle’s ability to maintain traction on both dry and wet roads. In wet climates, directional pattern tyres are essential due to their extreme hydroplaning resistance.
- Of course, choosing the leading tyre brand will be a great option. The brands like Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear, Cooper, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Continental, etc make the best summer tyre. They offer premium summer tyres with quick response and high performance (handling, cornering, grip, etc). The other benefits of premium summer tyres are; that they are best for long-term investment since it offers high durability. These tyres are the best tyres for safety.
- Choose a summer tyre that comes with a long warranty period and service. Of course, a tyre needs maintenance, however, choosing a summer tyre with a long warranty period (3-5 years) will be a great idea for a good deal.
- Decide where to make your purchase. To receive the greatest summer tyres, a tyre store must be into consideration.
5 Best Summer Tyres ( Ultra High Performance)
- Continental SportContact 7
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
These are the best summer tyres for luxury or high-speed cars. These are expensive tyres but are a good investment. Get regular, high performance or ultra high-performance summer Tyres Braintree.